Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars 2009 - Jai ho

What a day it was! I was glued to the TV since 8.00 am to watch the 81st Oscar Academy Awards presentation ceremony at the Kodak Theater, Hollywood, USA. "Slumdog Millionaire "bagging 8 Oscars out of the 10 nominations was just superb.

But the proudest moment for us Indians was Resul Pookutty winning the Oscar for Sound Mixing and the very talented A. R. Rahman for original score and original song for the movie of the year " Slumdog Millionaire."

Both the winners gave a very touching and original thanksgiving speech. Rahman said " The essence of the film is optimism and hope. All through my life I had the choice of love and hate…I chose love and I am here.” It reinforced my belief in the word "Hope."

Resul Pookutty said "I come from a country and a civilization that has given the universal word. That word is preceded by silence, followed by more silence. That word is 'Om.' So I dedicate this award to my country. Thank you, Academy, this is not just a sound award, this is history being handed over to me." What a tribute to your country ! Jai Ho !



1 comment:

praneshachar said...

great words said by both yes we are proud of them yes they showed world yes indians are no less and keep the spirit. HOpe is the key to life and we all must live on Hope
pranesh